(Image source from: Healthline.com)
Here’s your skincare guide for the whole nine-month period so you could look glossy like a diva.
Pregnancy is all about changes for a women’s body. Not just your physical appearance but also your hormones go through a rollercoaster ride during this phase.
This is the reason why many pregnant women face skin issues like acne breakouts, itchy skin, and pigmentation.
To cope with all these issues and to look beautiful as always, you need to follow a skincare routine, as suggested by skin experts, if you are in your pregnancy phase.
Here’s the skincare regime specially curated for to-be moms:
● Itching sensations on the abdomen area are mostly faced by every pregnant woman. This is due to the increase in the blood supply to the skin.
To avoid the itching, don’t just buy any chemical products. Instead, use aloe vera gel, almond oil, coconut oil to keep your skin soft and supple.
● Your body needs to be hydrated, all the time, especially during pregnancy because the skin frequently dries out during pregnancy.
Have adequate water will flush out all the toxins from your body keeping the skin problems at bay.
A good amount of water consumption also ensures sufficient amniotic fluid which is important for the comfort of your baby inside.
● Okay! So, the most troubling and significant skin issue among pregnant women is the stretch marks problem.
The stretch marks are most visible around your belly and the breast areas as your skin stretch during pregnancy. The only regime you need to follow to get rid or at least minimize this problem is by applying topical creams from day 1 and using natural oils like almond, coconut, or aloe vera gels.
● If your skin is oily and acne-prone, you will experience the worst breakouts during this phase.
So, use the products that have glycolic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, topical erythromicin only after consulting a dermatologist.
● Always exfoliate your skin with a scrub at least once a day. If you want to go all-natural, try the sugar scrub on your face to see visible results.
Make sure you wash your face with a good face wash that contains fewer chemicals. Some homemade face masks work wonders in giving you a glowing face.
● Some pregnant women even develop pigmentation on the cheeks, forehead, and on armpits. If you are one of them, Apply lemon and cucumber juice to the areas a few times a day.
You can also apply honey and turmeric to the spots and witness visible changes in the pigmentation in a few days.
● Use sunscreen daily even if you don’t step out as the elevated hormones trigger the pigment cells during pregnancy.
● Many pregnant women with dry skin experience cracked lips, hair fall and cracked heels. Milk cream, coconut oil and wheat germ oil work as wonders in healing the dry patches.
You can also apply these to your nipples to prevent dryness.
- By Gayatri Yellayi