Checkout the new rules for Flight operations between India and UAEAugust 13, 2020 13:16
(Image source from: eastcoastdaily.in)
The ticket booking has been opened for flights from UAE to 18 destinations in India after 5 months of shut down due to COVID-19.
Indian Ambassador to UAE Pavan kapoor said that Indian nationals with any valid type of UAE visa can now travel to the country. The ticket bookings for flights from Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi to 18 destinations in India have been opened from August 16 to 31st.
Some of the 18 destinations include Dubai to Mumbai, Delhi to Dubai, Sharjah to Manguluru, Lucknow to Dubai, Kozhikode to Dubai, Chennai to Dubai, Dubai to Bangalore, Abu Dhabi to Gaya and others.
Mr. Kapoor tweeted everyone who wish to travel to visit the GOI site as per which both Indian and UAE airlines can carry any type of valid UAE visa to fly from India to UAE
Flights from India to UAE have been closed since 5 months due to the pandemic.
Detailed guidelines for passengers traveling to and from Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi are listed on Indigo website.
As per the website,
For passengers coming from Dubai to India, here are the guidelines
- Stranded Indian nationals, all overseas citizens of India, cardholders having UAE passports are allowed to India.
- UAE nationals holding valid visa issued by an India mission in any category covered under Ministry of home affairs are allowed to India.
Guidelines for passengers from India to Dubai
- UAE nationals, residents and others holding any type of valid UAE visa or seeking visa upon arrival are allowed to fly.
- Residents of UAE are required to upload data like ID number, passport, nationality on https://uaeentry.ica.gov.ae this link to verify the authenticity of their travel documents.
- Passengers flying to Dubai from India must carry a negative PCR certificate 96 hours prior to the journey which should be done by ICMR certified laboratory.
- Children below 12 years are exempted from the COVID-19 RT-PCR test.
- All passengers must undergo the same test upon arrival into Dubai as well.
- All passengers must fill up self declaration form and submit to flight authorities during check in.
- Quarantine undertaking form must be filled and submitted at Dubai airport upon arrival.
- All passengers must download COVID-19 Dubai smart app and generate a QR code before entering Dubai airport.
Guidelines for passengers from Sharjah to India
- Stranded Indian nationals, OCI cardholders and UAE nationals holding valid visa issued by Indian mission in July are allowed to fly.
Guidelines for passengers from India to Sharjah
- UAE nationals, residents, and any other people holding valid UAE visa are allowed to travel.
- Visa upon arrival is not allowed at Sharjah airport.
- Passengers must carry a negative COVID-19 test report which must be done 96 hours before departure by an authorised ICMR approved laboratory.
- COVID test is mandatory upon arrival at Sharjah airport.
- If passengers are proceeding to Dubai after reaching Sharjah they must follow quarantine rules of Dubai.
- All passengers must download and register themselves on ALHOSN app.
- The passengers must also fill up the quarantine undertaking form and submit to airport authorities of Sharjah.
Passengers arriving in Abu Dhabi must undergo mandatory 14 days home quarantine upon reaching.
By Gayatri Yellayi